Saturday, August 1, 2015

blessed

I can't believe I have been here for 4 weeks now. This week was so awesome. We fed the homeless 3 more times, played with lots of kids, did another quinceanera for special needs kids and adults, was able to finish a concrete house and provide a community with basic food needs like rice, beans, flour and sugar. The day we were able to go around the community and give families food, we split up into small groups. The group I was in came up to a house that a mom lived in. I'm not sure if the father was there but her elderly mother lived with her. As we came in their house, we provided them with the food and a bible. We asked if there was anything we could pray for them about. She told us how her mom was sick and had arthritis and how she couldn't walk because of it. We went in and gathered around her mom and started to pray for her, after we finished, she started to cry and tell us that no one has ever came to visit her mother, much less pray for her. It reminded me of the verse Matt. 25:35-36 when its says, "........I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me I was in prison and you came to me." She was so grateful that someone would come into their house and pray for her mom. I feel like that family blessed me more than we blessed them.
          On Monday, I was able to go to one of the orphanages and finish up the story about the 10 plagues for bible class. After we were finished, I had the privilege of talking with a girl along with 2 other people in our group. She began talking with us and telling us that she would be 17 that coming Wednesday. As she continued to talk, she said how no one in her family had wanted her since she was 2 years old. She said how one of her cousins had stabbed her in numerous places and then showed us the scars on her arms and legs. After continuing to talk, she began to cry and told us that all she has ever wanted was a family, someone to love and care for her. It made me think of all the things we take for granted every day. We are blessed to have so much that we don't even need and yet the family we prayed with was just so thankful someone came to visit her mom and pray with them and the girl, all she wanted was a family, something we take for granted every day. Please remember to pray for these to people this week, and lets remember how blessed we really are.






No comments:

Post a Comment