Friday, August 7, 2015

some of the hard times

I cant believe it has already been 5 weeks since I have been here. It hasn't felt like I have been here that long but at the same time it has. Its been a crazy 5 weeks. There have been happy times, sad times, frustrating times and just about every emotion you can feel. I have talked about so many different things and told many different stories, but I haven't talked about some of the struggles of how you can feel when your here. So many people come from all over and I am sure that everyone has different struggles or emotions that they may feel, but here are some different ways that are definitely different for me, maybe not so much a struggle but just things that are different and hard. One thing that it so hard for me to get use to is not being able to be independent, like at home. For example, at home if there is somewhere I need to go, I just get in my car and go. But here, you have to rely on someone else. If you need to go somewhere, its either find a ride or take the bus. And yes, the bus is not always the safest option. If you want to talk to someone, you also have to rely on someone else, whether its ordering food from a restaurant or just talking to someone. But the hardest part for me is not being able to talk directly with the kids. I wish so bad I could speak their language and just talk to them about whatever it is they want to talk about. But instead we have to go through someone else. Not knowing someone else's language can be very frustrating at times, because you may be thinking, "how do I know they said exactly what and how I wanted to say that" but its times like these that we must learn to work together, to trust one another, and work through all problems. My goal is to learn Spanish eventually. I am working on it but I still have a long way to go and hopefully I will get there someday. But even though I have to rely on other people to speak for me most of the time or drive me wherever I need to go, I would not want anyone else other than the ones here, by my side helping me. These are definitely some of the best people to know. Here are some of the greatest translators that I get to have help me along the way. These are definitely not all of them but just a few to show you how great these guys are.










No comments:

Post a Comment